Requirements for Membership
The Association has established a set of guidelines and principles that all Institutions must abide by in order to be admitted into membership or accredited by the Association. One of the main pillars of these guidelines is the Doctrinal Statement, which outlines the basic beliefs and values that should be shared by all members of the Association. In order to prove their adherence to the Doctrinal Statement, each institution is required to submit a signed statement every year. Additionally, each member institution must continuously strive to maintain the highest academic standards at their respective level of education. By adhering to these guidelines, the Association ensures the highest quality of education and standards for all of its member institutions. It is through these efforts that the Association continues to be recognized as an authority in the field of education.
The applicant institution shall meet all the following details:
- A completed IABE application form
- Statement of Faith
- Mission and Vision
- A History of the Institution
- Academic Catalog
- Organizational Chart
- Board Minutes for Membership/Accreditation
- Audited Financial Statement
- Administration and Faculty details
- The applicant institution must have an external governing board of at least five members.
- Annual report of the institution
- The membership fee, (if the institution approved for membership a membership certificate is issued for one year, and after the annual renewal is required, with the membership fee, statement of faith, annual report, and financial statement).
- If the institution is not approved for membership will receive a full refund of their fee.
- Member institutions only may apply for accreditation with the required documents
- After the approval of the application for accreditation, IABE Team will visit the institution and will decide on the accreditation.
- All Members institution is required to pay for travel; boarding and lodging expenses of the IABE Team. Where there is more than one institution to be accredited or reaccredited, expenses will be shared equally among institutions.
- The accreditation certificate will be valid for three years.
- The IABE Team may terminate accredited or applicant status for failure to pay the membership/accreditation fees.